Why You Should Choose Event Lighting For Your Next Special Event
As your special day approaches, think about the importance of lighting your venue. Lighting can have an extremely powerful effect on both the event space and the guests. Lighting not only enhances the mood, but it also allows the photographers and videographers to capture wonderful memories while you dance the night away with friends and family. Whether it’s a wedding, gala, or a corporate event, lighting will help make your event perfect!
To make sure the lighting perfect for your special day, here are a few things that you will want to do before hand:
- Visit your venue at the same time as your reception so you can get a feel for how it will look.
- Pick features that you want to point out.
- Separate features that you want to minimize.
- Ask if the room’s lighting can be dimmed.
- Check if the room’s lighting is fluorescent or incandescent (you will want incandescent as it gives off a much softer glow.
These are a few things to consider when picking the appropriate lighting for your wedding, gala or other event. Above all, it is most important to leave it to the professionals. Do not go out and buy some lights thinking that you can accomplish this yourself. There is much to be said for DIY, but when it comes to this detail, take advantage a professional’s service to take care of the lighting. To help you narrow down what you might like, here’s a breakdown of some of the lighting features available.
- Intelligent Lighting: Fixtures that are controlled by software. Lighting designers can change the look and feel throughout the evening. Soft and somber one moment, a joyful party the next!
- LED: Short for “Light Emitting Diode,” these lights allow for millions of different colors in just one fixture.
- Gobo: A specially designed insert that goes into a lighting fixture to project an image. How fun would it be to customize a monogram with you and your spouse’s initials? Gobo lights are very popular right now!
- Uplit Backdrop: Whether it’s a fiber-optic curtain or a simple drape, uplighting a backdrop can be a simple, yet jaw-dropping addition to the dance-floor:
Taking the time to arrange some type of lighting will completely alter your event experience. Lighting is an extremely important element that can transform the look and feel of your venue.
Pittsburgh Event Lighting is a full-service lighting company. Your special day deserves lighting effects that bring out the beauty of everything. We believe that your event should be handled with great care, precision, and planning. Call today at 412.379.3907 or visit http://pittsburgheventlighting.com/ for the best lighting in Pittsburgh.